Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Home from Ohio....and a tip!

My trip to Ohio was so much fun! The two weeks went way too quickly, but I am excited to get back to my clay and am currently working on a fairy child. Hopefully, I can list her within the next couple of days.

While I was back east, I found some wonderful European handmade antique lace and vintage embellishments that I hope to incorporate in some of my work. I haven't sculpted an antique style doll for a while, so you may see one soon!

I would like to share my first tip for new artists:
When painting hand sculpted eyes, place the pupil just under the upper lid. If it is placed in the center of the iris, your doll will, most likely, have shocked look on her face. I plan to post an eye tutorial in the near future.

Sue Anne

No comments: