Friday, October 26, 2012

OOAK baby elf sculpture

Snibby is my first sculpture for the 2012 holiday season.  He looks like he's been around for a long time. The mica flakes on his base and his snowball really add to the vintage look. I used glass eyes with blue irises for this little guy.  I wanted him to sparkled even more, so I added some fairy dust (fine glitter) to his silk ruffle, hat, and gloves.  I wanted the bell on the tip of his hat to look old, not shiny, so I used a brass antiquing solution to darken and age it. 

Six inch Snibby is removable from his base. rod in his leg secures him in his base. His snowball is removeable so you can place another tiny object in his hands.....a present, thimble, etc.

I listed this one for 5 days since we have not really gone into the winter season. 

Here is the link to his auction if you would like to bid or just look at more of his photos.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170931837576