Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Creeda, the mortician's daughter





Maybe I have some goth in me, even at my age.  I am drawn to this look and even dress in black a lot.  Perhaps my love for all things spooky showed up in me as a teen when I was glued to the old black and white horror movies every Friday night.  
I have, however, read about goth on the internet and it's not all about spooky and certainly not about evil. Rather, it is an open mindedness about death, darkness, and everything we have been thought to fear. Would death be scary if we weren't taught that it is?  
I, for one, don't want to be afraid to die. I don't want to fear that I don't have enough faith to be "saved."  I believe that death is as natural as being born, just like Creeda believes.  I believe in a loving God that will not send people of other religions to hell because they aren't Christian, even though I was raised to think that way.
So, I think that I can honestly present goth art to you, from my heart.  
This is Creeda. Please read her story. She is sweet and so is her rat!


And finally, with the new format, my links are active! Yay!

No comments: