Thursday, August 30, 2012

jointed miniature dachshund!




I'm so happy you all like my jointed doggies! Heinz, a sweet little dachshund, is my latest offering on Ebay. I am really learning about the features of these different breeds and all of the little nuances that sets one breed apart from the other. Still, they all have cute little pads on their paws, eyes that beg for love, and ears that listen for their master's voice.
Anyone who knows me knows that I love dogs. I love all animals, for that matter. Interestingly enough, I didn't have a dog when I grew up. In fact, I was afraid of them, for the most part. As a little girl, I would often climb up the nearest adult as though she/he were a tree if a dog came towards me. I just didn't understand them because we had never had one in the house. My husband, on the other hand, is "one with the dogs," having grown up with a wire haired fox terrier. I wanted our boys to know the love of a dog and along the way, I fell in love with these amazing creatures. I have loved them, lost them, and cried over them.
So, I sculpt these little miniature dogs with lots of love. I hope I capture the love that they bring with them when you adopt them into your home.

The dogs that I am sculpting right now are thread jointed. I put a hole through the body and then make two holes in the top of each limb so that I can tie a knot with the thread that joints them. This gives them an old fashioned "teddy bear" style. My work is not completely realistic. Rather it is "folk art" in that I do not adhere to specific proportions. I work from instinct and that gives them my look.

To visit my dachshund's auction, please use this link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170903514524?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

No comments: