Friday, May 4, 2012

Avalon, my new flapper girl




This is Avalon! She is very vintage looking with her shabby dress and Roaring Twenties hat! I love using the habotai silk for my dolls' dresses. It is so light weight, perfect for dressing small bodies. It also takes the coffee dye very well.

I know that a lot of artists are doing realistic eyes on their dolls, using lenses that let light pass through. If I am not using onyx beads for a spooky look, I paint my dolls' eyes because they fit my antique, vintage style better. Avalon has beautiful, shiny, brown eyes!

Hinge jointing these vintage dolls makes them a little more fun. You can slouch them, position their arms,and they can even stand with support, although they are much safer in their sitting position.

I used some lace taken from an antique collar to embellish her hat. I have become a lace collector! You can never have too much to choose from.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! We are looking forward to some sun, for a change. "May Gray" has been hanging around in southern California.

If you have time, please check out Avalon's auction on Ebay. She is waiting to be cherished once again.........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170836477917?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

2 comments:

Lucie Bilsbrough said...

She's stunning!

Sue Anne said...

Thanks so much Lucie! She's going to her new home in Russia!