Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sue Anne's diet tip!

Ok, this has nothing to do with sculpting or soldering, but I want to share one of my diet tips that gets me through the day.

Sometimes, I just have to have something fizzy! I pour selzer water over ice and top it off with juice....maybe just an 1/8 of a cup to give it a little flavor. The selzer water has no calories (don't use club soda as it has salt in it) and the juice is so sparse that it must have no more than 20 calories or so. I am not a fan of diet drinks and they just aren't good for you! This way, I get the fizz, a bit of flavor, and not many calories. My daughter-in-law, Christine, calls it my "refreshing drink!" If I am out of selzer water, I do the same thing with filtered water. Just top off a glass of ice water or selzer water with pomegranate juice,orange juice, pineapple juice....whatever you have in the fridge! Of course you can do something similar with lemon or lime, but I prefer juice!

No comments: