Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Foot Stool Idea!



I really must start remembering to take "before" photos so you can see some of the "ugly" things I turn into treasures.
For example, I have had this small foot stool for years. It had some very dated fabric on it, so I decided to recover it in a neutral tone. When I finished with the fabric, it just didn't look very interesting. The idea of a doily came to me. Although I often use antique and vintage doilies for my dolls, the one I used for this stool is new and came from JoAnn Fabrics. I will do anything to avoid a thread and needle, so I used FabriTac (gotta love it!) to secure it to the new fabric on the stool. I am thinking that I just might add a button to the center of the doily.

Coming soon:
I will show you my $12.90 end tables that I painted to go in my white guestroom. Honestly, they are super sturdy and well made, but they were an ugly blonde color. At only $12.90 each, I had to give them a try! I just need to put the knobs on them and then I will click some pics!

No comments: