Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Decorating on a shoestring!




As promised, here is a photo of my $12.90 night stand! In the photo of the finished guest bedroom, you can see the matching one on the other side of the bed. In case you didn't see original post about this room, let me fill you in on some of my thrift store finds. The triple dresser is by Stanley and I paid $19 for it. The hutch on top of the dresser was free! My son and daughter-in-law pulled it out of a trash bin at their apartment complex. Unbelieveable, huh? I made the pictures over the bed. For those, I simply used scrapbook paper and watercolor paper. The frames were inexpensive ones from WalMart($3 each if I remember correctly). They were brown so they got a couple of coats of white paint. The chest on the left, the one with three drawers, was only $29.00 and the mirror over it was $11.00. The vintage lamps were $10 a piece with new shades. I just want to show you that you don't have to put a lot of money into a room, any room, to make it attractive and inviting. BTW, my dad made the shelf over the bed many years ago. I painted it white to match the rest of the room. All of the bedding and pillows are new and were found at Kohl's and TJMaxx.

So get some paint and get to it!

No comments: