Thursday, September 6, 2012

pumpkin head doll and mini pumpkins




I've been itching to make some spooky dolls for Halloween. Emma Boo is my first of these. Even in her spooky-ness, she still has the shy, obliging look that most of my beings have. She is wire jointed and very poseable because she is jointed, not only at the shoulders and hips, but at the elbows and knees. I have had a lot of fun posing her and hope you do too!

I like all of the irregularities in the clay because they accentuate the primitive, vintage look that I was striving for. The stain really brought them out. If you are using stain, remember that it must not be oil based or it will eat the clay. I used an acrylic stain that I have had for years. One bottle lasts a long long time!

I also listed some of my mini pumpkins. I altered a box for them. You can use it for storing the pumpkins or for displaying them. I am still into using old dictionary pages in my work, so you will find the definition for "pumpkin" and "pumpkin seed" on the side of the box. My collectors are liking that I use appropriate words and definitions for my work.

Fall is my favorite time of the year. I love the colors, the characters that make their yearly appearances and everything that goes with the season.

Here are the auction links:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170906633611?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170906651937?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

No comments: