Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A hand sculpted altered frog!



This is Marsha, a sweet little frog who lives in another time. Her froggie stripes have been made from old print from an antique book and from the linen of the same book. I reinforced her little toes with wire to make them stronger. She comes in really beautiful box that I altered for her. I used some of the same linen from the book cover, various frog ephemera, including definitions from old dictionaries. She can sit on top of her box, or you can display it behind her.
I really really like this piece! I love the texture of the tattered linen in contrast to the smooth printed words. The box can be turned in different directions for different looks.

Here is the link to her Ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170797995984

No comments: