Saturday, February 5, 2011

Home made Pancake recipes

In these tough economic times, there are some ways to cut your grocery bill. You can cook the way my mom, Ginny Bell Bartocci cooked....from scratch!

Don't have BisQuick or store-bought pancake mix? No problem! Go to your pantry and use your staples.

Here is Mom's pancake recipes. One is made with regular milk and the other one (my favorite) is made with buttermilk.

Pancakes (regular milk)

1 cup flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup milk

You know how to do the rest! Just spoon onto hot griddle or pan with a little oil on it so they won't stick!


Buttermilk Pancakes (love em!)

1 cup flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg

Same thing...heat griddle with a little oil and spoon on!

You can add cinnamon (I did that last time I made them). I even added chocolate chips for my daughter-in-law.
Have some left over? Freeze them and nuke them later!

No comments: