Thursday, August 12, 2010

new OOAK fairy


Here is my new fairy, Breeze. She is currently up for auction on Ebay. I really like the lighting in the some my photos of her. They have a very ethereal look, don't you think?
As most of you know, I struggle with my Parkinson's shake in my left hand, so I am always coming up with new ways to make sculpting easier. I figured out a new way to sculpt hands. Not only is it easier, but they look much better and more realistic. I sandwich the fingers into the palm. Anyone interested in a tutorial? You may be satisfied with your current way of sculpting hands, but I have never been pleased with any of the most popular methods. The cutting method is just lousy, at least for me. I suppose it would work with bigger sculpts like Nicole West's whose are about 9inches tall, but my beings are very small and to cut the fingers and then shape them is next to impossible. Actually, I sculpt much smaller than the "big girl" artists like FITA.
I was planning for this new one to be a little older than she is, but sometimes the clay leads you down its own path.
Off to the gym, and then more sculpting this afternoon! I have a jointed fairy baby that I am just dying to finish!

No comments: