Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lulu, my new fall child fairy art doll


This is Lulu. She is my second "poseable" doll *not jointed, but poseable). Well, her arms are poseable but her legs are in a fixed position. I learned how to make poseable dolls several years ago but haven't concentrated on them as much as jointed ones. A wire runs from the shoulder to the wrist, so you can put Lulu's arms in endless postions. It's amazing how moving her hands can add so much expression!

I used to start my auctions at $9.95 on Ebay. I got lots of bids and it was a win/win situation for me and the bidders. However, in this economy, I simply cannot risk starting my work out at such a low price. I tried it and ended up crying all the way to the post office!

I spend many many hours on each doll. There are so many steps. I start tediously sculpting with the face, then move to the body, limbs, hands, feet and detail with little fingernails and creases. Eyes are hand painted. Eyelashes are applied one at a time. This little girl's hair applied and spiral curled on lock at a time. I designed and created her wings from mulberry paper and wire. So, I hope you understand why price is where it is. After all, there will never be another Lulu like this one! She is one of a kind, just like you!

I love to sculpt and will continue with my passion for years to come. What doesn't sell will go to my children and my grandchildren.

I received a very reassuring email today. It was from a lady who won my baby carriage fairy and she said that, in person, my work is far more detailed than the photos show.

Here is Lulu's auction link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170532398264&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments: