Thursday, September 9, 2010

Holiday boutique in Anaheim Hills!

I am going to be busy making my soldered jewelry and OOAK dolls for a holiday boutique in our neighborhood. So far we have 30 vendors, so it should be a really fun event!

As you probably can guess, I will be putting Ebay on the back burner because my work sells much better when a collector can pick it up, play with it, and see the details and quality.

My husband is retiring after the first of the year. He plans to be my rep and will be showing my work to owners of boutiques in Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Manhattan Beach, etc. I can't wait! I love to keep my hands busy and with Alan's sales background we should have some success!

I go back and forth from sculpting to soldering. Today, I put my clay away and got out my soldering iron. It's been a fun change for me.

If you are artistic and haven't soldered yet, you should give it a try. I used to think it was something that only men did when they worked on a copper plumbing pipe, but it's much more than that. Just make sure you use lead free solder. You don't want leaded solder on your skin. Lead free solder can be found at Radio Shack, Ace Hardware, etc. However, if you want the higher end solder for jewelry (it has silver in it), you should go on line and order.

Happy soldering or sculpting!

No comments: