Monday, September 29, 2008

New OOAK doll ~ Kathleen




I have listed a new doll on Ebay for a 5 day auction. She is made from ProSculpt polymer clay. At only 4 inches, she is highly detailed with baby creases, nails, and dimpled knees. This one will be hard for me to say good-bye to so I hope she goes to someone who will really love her and take good care of her.

I want to mention that a polymer clay doll cannot be positioned unless it is jointed. This doll is in a fixed position. I say this because it has come to my attention that some novice collectors have tried to reposition the doll and have broken the limbs.

I have custom made her clothing so that it can be easily removed. The bodice of her dress is French ribbon and the skirt is batiste. The clothing is my own design. Of course, the doll will never be repeated. I do not take molds of my work to make reproductions.

Many steps are involved in the making of a doll such as this. After hours of tedious sculpting, there is blushing, painting the eyes, sealing the face, wigging, and dressing.

This doll will one day become a family heirloom for some lucky bidder. Kathleen will warm your heart and amaze you when you see her in person!

Sue Anne

No comments: