Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mina Saychelle, a Goth ballerina




Mina is my latest doll, a creepy goth ballerina who, as the others, has a sad story to tell.  She waits and waits for her true love, a Russian dancer to return. He was called back to his country right before the revolution in 1917 and has never returned.   She comes with the bouquet of once white roses that he had sent to her dressing room right before he left. They are now browned and very old looking, just like Mina.

I had fun making those little roses. They are so simple to make, yet so dainty and cute!  I used wire for the stems and then painted it green, but  you could also wrap them with green floral tape.  I also enjoyed making her toe shoes.  I detailed them with little creases and used a soft, real suede for the soles.  I used satin ribbon for my dolls because it's so light and delicate compared to satin ribbon.  What I'm really happy with, however, is the rhinestone chain that I embedded into her clay hair.  I aged it first, then pressed it into the clay, making sure I had it lined up just right.

I save all kinds of snippets of lace, ribbon, etc. I had a tiny antique lace medallion that was perfect for the bodice of her dress.  I put a single rhinestone in it's center. 

Dressing is always  and exciting part of doll making.  I search through all of my findings to add finishing touches to each doll. 

Here is the link to Mina's auction!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170950101566?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

No comments: