Saturday, November 29, 2008



Noel is my new Christmas baby. She is actually much cuter and prettier in person. She is 3 1/2 inches long in her sleeping position. I had a piece of green French ribbon to use as a garland around her head, but it wasn't green enough for Christmas so I hand dyed it.

Christmas is my favorite time of year, but I feel like I need two of me! I want to sculpt, decorate, and make the magic happen for everyone I love. I learned the Christmas spirit from my mom, Ginny. I think that she really was Mrs. Claus! I will never forget walking into her house on Christmas Eve and hearing the Lennon Sisters album in the background. Mom made Christmas fun and, though we didn't have a lot of money, each gift, each part of the holiday was special and dear to me. Mom really knew how to spin the magic with her home made fudge (not the marshmallow kind, but the real kind) pulled taffy, and an assortment of perfectly baked cookies. One year, she made me a jingle bell skirt and, believe me, I walked with springs on my feet so that it would jingle to the max!

I hope that my Christmas creations will make someone's Christmas special this year. Please watch for new dolls. My next doll will be a baby Christmas elf. I finished the face today, and tomorrow I will work on the rest.

Sue Anne

No comments: