Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A sculpting tip for blushing and painting face

If you don't want to invest in Genesis heat-set paints, you can use water based oils for blushing and painting your dolls' faces. Never use regular oil paints because they will eat into the hardened polymer clay over a period of time. Fingernail polish on the nails will also eat at the clay. Remember that polymer clay is oil based, so you can use only water soluable paints on it. Acrylics are fine to paint clothing, but they will not blend for a smooth finish on the face.

I hope to start sculpting again next week! I have a partially sculpted doll that I started before my surgery so I will finish her before I start on a new one.

I am now 8 weeks post-op, and am not using a cane anymore! Yay! Slowly, I am feeling normal again. For the first 6 weeks, I thought I would never feel good, but I am getting there. I

No comments: