Sunday, June 26, 2011

spinal fusion update

I am 5 weeks post-op and have to say my recovery has been much harder than I ever thought it would be. I have advanced from a walker to a cane, but I still struggle with a lot of deep aching, mostly in my hips and am trying to get off of pain meds. The good news is the sword-like pain going down my left leg is gone. I am very impatient and want to get well and be normal again. My lumbar spine was fused and I also had a second laminectomy. Some of my mobility will be lost, but I feel I am getting a second chance. My surgeon is said to be the best in the western US.
Thanks to all of you who have written comments and emailed me. I have a long way to go and appreciate hearing from you.
I won't be sculpting for a while because I can't sit for long periods of time, but please stick with me.

2 comments:

Dawn in the Forest said...

I'm sure you'll be back to making your wonderful creations soon. I wish you a speedy recovery:)

Sue Anne said...

I hope so,Dawn! I really miss my clay!