Thursday, December 6, 2012

Primitive Hand Sculpted nativity Holy Family


For the past few holiday seasons, I have sculpted my own version of the nativity, or The Holy Family.
I used to use Sculpey in ivory, but it seems that the company has discontinued that color. So, since I love all things white, right now, I decided to sculpt them in all white, including their faces.  I like my version because they are not cutesy or cartoon-ish like many hand made nativities....just my preference.  My intention is to make them look like a relics that have been found on an archeological dig.  Baby Jesus is simply wrapped in a clay swaddling blanket. Each is faceless.  I stained them to make them look very very old and primitive.  They would work well in a shabby chic setting.

I sculpted Mary and Joseph over an aluminum foil armature.  Each piece is very sturdy. This set would make a wonderful heirloom to pass down to children and grandchildren.

Here is the link to their auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170955048079

No comments: