Sunday, April 1, 2012

Gerard, a baby giraffe




Gerard,my baby giraffe sculpt is now listed on Ebay! I didn't know if I could let go of him, but he has been mine for a little while. I hope he brings a smile to someone else's face! I really wanted to capture the innocent and obliging look of a baby giraffe that I saw on Pinterest. In fact, if you go to my pinterest boards, you will see the one that inspired me. I can't post it here because I dare not post a copyrighted photo.
I am happy with the look I achieved. It was all about the eyes and the mouth. He's adorable, if I do say so myself!
I used acrylics to paint him and then I stained him for an aged, vintage look. Well, you know how I love that look! I strive for most of my pieces to look like one of those old, long forgotten treasures that are kept behind glass with lock and key in an antique shop.
Here is the link to his auction!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170817539454?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

No comments: